I love wallpaper. Like serious, love affair, forever and ever love wallpaper. And I especially love bold wallpaper. It allows you to truly mark a room with your personality like nothing else. Currently I have two rooms in my home wallpapered, and am contemplating a third, and while I contemplate I thought I’d round up my ten favorites to share. Happy almost weekend Loves! truly, MKR
1. || Schumacher Birds & Butterflies. The black and white mixed with all of the colors in such a delicate nature, well I just adore it. So much so that I’m trying to convince an e-design client of mine to do her entire sitting area, ceiling included, in it.
2. || Thibaut Cheetah. Though this particular pattern comes in numerous colors the orange is by far my favorite. In fact it covers the walls in my downstairs powder room currently.
3, || Scalamandre Zebras. I’ve loved this paper every since I’ve loved Margot and the Royal Tenenbaums. While red is by far the most popular, I’m currently crushing on the green thanks to my friend Danielle Rollins.
4. || Cranesbill Castle. The yellow would be perfect for a breakfast nook, sun room, or any place you want to inject a subtle hint of femininity.
5. || Phillip Jeffries Navy Grasscloth. The only “plain” paper to make the list, grass cloth comes in an array of colors and will add great depth to any room. Try this on half of the wall in a dining room with picture frame molding, or in a office or bedroom. A stairwell with a huge gallery wall would also be stunning.
6. || Rifle Paper Co. Pineapple Ebony. Because we can’t get enough of anything and everything Anna Rifle Bond, I give you her new wallpaper line.
7. || Flavor Papers Flowers. I told you I love orange.
8. || Thibaut Tanzania. I was first introduced to this thanks to my Canadian gal pal and designing savant, Meredith Heron and it now hangs in my office. I get more questions about this paper when I post of a pic of it on Instagram than anything else. It’s crazy fun, and surprisingly I find it to be a neutral that goes with practically everything. Actually I have a deep desire to see this in a little baby girls nursery so someone get on that for me please.
10. || Gray Malin Waves of Capetown. I talk about my amazing photographer and friend Gray all of the time, and well when he launched wallpaper I knew it would be nothing short of breathtaking. I was right.