A week or so ago I shared my La Crema Virtual Vintner dinner party with you all, but forgot to share the recipe to one of my absolute favorite dishes; my roasted tomato capellini. Extremely easy to make, and always a crowd pleaser, this pasta won’t put you to sleep and truly capitalizes on my love for fresh, simple ingredients. Enjoy! truly, MKR
*Photography, Rustic White
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for the pot
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pints small cherry and mixed grape tomatoes
- 20-25 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 pound dried capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and extra chopped basil for serving
- Bring a large pot of water with 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 cup of olive oil in a large (12-inch) saute pan. Add the chopped garlic and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and desired amount of red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften but don't break up.
- While the tomato mixture is sautéing add the capellini to the pot of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add the tomato mixture and toss well.
- Serve with extra basil sprinkled on top and Parmesan on the side.