When creating an easy, kid friendly treat for my “Cold Hands Warm Heart” Cocoa party I immediately thought popcorn. But not just any popcorn. How about chocolate candy cane popcorn? That’s right, festive popped corn topped with melted milk and white chocolate sprinkled with crushed candy cane. Seriously, this is amazing. Amazing. And crazy easy! I promise you’ll be eating this long past December. Oh, and I hope you’re not tired of peppermint and chocolate because I’ve got a few more recipes coming your way just in time for your Holiday. Merry Merry Loves! truly, MKR
- 3/4 cup popcorn seeds
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Cane
- In a stock pot pour in vegetable oil so it just covers the bottom of the pot. Add popcorn seeds, cover and turn burner on high. **As popping begins make sure to shake the pot a few times to stir up the popping seeds.**
- Once full popped remove from burner and transfer popcorn into two large mixing bowls and let sit.
- In a small microwavable bowl add white chocolate chips and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave an additional 30-45 seconds. **When melting chocolate the chips will not full melt until you stir or whisk. Do not let your chocolate cook until chips are melted as chocolate burns easily and quickly.**
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- With a fork sprinkle melted chocolate on popcorn mixing at least once.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Repeat above steps with the milk chocolate.
- Let sit uncovered until chocolate hardens.
Image via Rustic White Photography