True I did make this sundae to be a Valentine’s Day treat, however let’s be honest. Chocolate, toasted coconut, and a little Godiva liqueur is the perfect way to celebrate any day, not just the day of hearts and flowers. So indulge away my Loves. truly, MKR
- Williams & Sonoma Chocolate Ice Cream Starter
- 1 1/2 cups cold half and half
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 6 ounces of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Spread coconut flakes on a cookie sheet and place in an oven or toaster oven, and broil for about 5 minutes. They will toast quickly though so keep an eye on it. You want the flakes to turn a golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Williams Sonoma ice cream starter and half and half until the starter has dissolved. Stir in the cream.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and begin freezing according to the manufacturers instructions. During the last 3 minutes or so of freezing add in coconut and Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. Freeze an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately if you like a softer texture...like frozen yogurt, or freeze for at least 3 hours or up to 3 days for a firmer ice cream.