Marshmallow cereal bars are, and always will be, one of my absolute favorite homemade treats. But why have I been using only one type of cereal all these years? I mean you’d be hard pressed to find a cereal that doesn’t taste good with melted marshmallows and butter. So this time instead of just my standard Rice Krispies (which I must admit still may be my favorite), I also tried the recipe using Trix, Cocoa Puffs, and a mix of Rice and Cocoa Krispies. All where delicious, all as easy as the next to make, and I mean the colors of the Trix, how fun are those! Tell me, what type of cereal would you use? Truly, MKR
- 7 cups cereal
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- non stick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium/low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until fully melted.
- Add cereal and mix until fully coated.
- Pour mixture into a pan coated with cooking spray or parchment paper. Spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and evenly press mixture down to spread evenly into pan.
- Let mixture cool then cut into squares and serve.
*All images original to Waiting On Martha