Tequila Sunrise; has there ever been a more perfect name for a vacation cocktail? And here’s the great thing, you don’t have to actually be on vacation to enjoy this libation.
With a simple recipe of a mere three ingredients, the Tequila Sunrise is a classic cocktail that deserves a comeback this summer. It’s vibrant, refreshing, and packs a flavorful punch thanks to high quality silver tequila, orange juice and Maraschino cherries. Plus how gorgeous is that two tone color, especially in my favorite Dwell Studio malachite glasses.
In truth I probably wouldn’t call myself a tequila person, per say; by now you know I’m a wine lover through and through. BUT, there’s something about the mix of Casamigos, freshly squeezed orange juice, and the sweet juice from a jar of Maraschino cherries that immediately puts me into out of office mode and who doesn’t love that?! Plus if there was ever a time to enjoy a Tequila Sunrise cocktail it’s now when you can get the sweetest, in season, Florida orange juice.
The recipe for this easy, super vibrant, two-toned cocktail is below. I hope you’ll mix it up this weekend, and let it instantly transport you to sandy beaches with absolutely nowhere to be and nothing to do. Cheers to island time Friends! Truly, MKR
- 1 oz. Silver Tequila, I prefer I used Casamigos
- 1 oz. Orange Juice, and fresh squeezed takes it to the next level
- 1 oz. Cherry Juice. I used it right from the jar, you could also muddle maraschino cherries
- Orange slices, maraschino cherries for garnish
- Salt rim, optional
- Layer cocktail ingredients in the following order: cherry juice, tequila, orange juice.
- Garnish with orange slices, maraschino cherries, and salt rim if preferred.