I’m not one to take the cutesy, themed approach to the holidays, but when Wilton and Peeps sent me their Easter collaboration, well I mean how could I resist those ears?! So for this holiday, and because no one can say no to a Peep or Wilton’s amazing goodness I give you the most amazing of Easter Cupcakes. The Peter Cottontail Coconut Cupcake. A combination of chocolate, toasted coconut, sweet vanilla frosting, and bunny ears. Happy Easter Loves. truly, MKR
P.S. The adorable cupcake pedestals are currently on sale HERE.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Wilton Ready to Decorate White Icing
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- Wilton & Peeps Cupcake Combo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, and 1 1/2 cups warm water; whisk to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 2/3 of the way full)
- Bake 12-18 minutes. **I insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcake to check if cupcakes are done, toothpick should come out clean with a few crumbs attached.** Once baked transfer to wire rack and let completely cool.
- While cupcakes are baking spread the coconut over a cookie sheet and set to broil for 3-5 minutes. Coconut will toast quickly so keep an eye on it and stir once or twice. Cook until golden brown.
- Once cupcakes are cooled frost liberally with Wilton Read to Decorate icing.
- Dip into toasted coconut and mold to make a round dome. Add additional coconut till icing is completely covered.
- Add Peep ears and an additional cupcake cup for appeal.
This post was sponsored by Wilton, a brand which I adore and helps make WOM possible. Recipe and images original to WOM.