*These candelabras are show stopping & perfect for any occasion
*A mix of vases in different heights, textures, & patterns gives our table an eclectic vibe
*Sangria is the perfect cocktail for large groups & summer nights (recipe coming Friday)
*Ditch traditional salsas for whats is in season like our peach, mango & heirloom tomato
*Don’t be afraid of color, the red provides the “pop” this table needed
*A vase anything that holds water including an actual water pitcher
*Take queso to the next level with jalepeno, green onion, cilantro, & radish garnish
*Homemade tortilla chips are worth the extra work I promise!
There’s nothing I enjoy more than summer nights dining al fresco with my nearest and dearest. So when Pacific Foods asked if I’d like to team up for a little easy entertaining I gathered friends and set the table with a Mexican inspired meal.
Homemade chips, queso, spicy watermelon salad and a trio of salsas highlighting summer’s freshest flavors (peach, mango, heirloom tomato) set the stage for a build your own taco bar. A build your own taco and/or nacho bar is not only the definition of easy entertaining, but it’s always a crowd pleaser. Simply grill a protein or two, set out all of your fresh favorites (tortillas, beans, cheese, guacamole, salasa, queso, tomatoes, onions, jalepenos, etc.), and let your guests create their favorite combinations. And because Pacific Foods has great organic options such as refried black beans and queso all I needed to do was add a few extra flavors before serving.
I’m sharing my salsa con queso and homemade tortilla chip recipe below, (trust me take the time and make your own tortilla chips I promise it will be worth it), and later this week I’ll show you how to create the perfect red sangria and spicy watermelon salad. Everything you need for easy summer entertaining because after the winter we all had I’m trying to squeeze every ounce out of summer I can! Cheers! truly, MKR
Table & Chairs, Ballard Designs c/o || Red Chairs, Society Social || Garden Stool, One Kings Lane || Candelabras, Dunes & Duchess || Striped Tapers, Waiting On Martha || Drink Dispenser, old similar HERE || Blue Place Settings, One Kings Lane (sold out) || White Place Settings, kate spade new york c/o || Blue & White Bowls, Waiting On Martha (email for availability) || Rope Vase, Waiting On Martha || Faceted Vase, Waiting On Martha || Milk Bottle Vases, Waiting On Martha || Tall Faceted Vase, kate spade new york c/o || Blue & White Vase (collected, similar HERE) || Hand Towels used as Napkins, Waiting On Martha || Rope Bowl, Waiting On Martha (sold out Gold still available) || Blue & White Stripe Napkins, Sur La Table || Rocks Glasses, Dwell Studio || Dress, Persifor || Nail Polish, Nars
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 4-6 Cups Sunflower or any preferred oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a cast iron or heavy bottom pot, heat oil on high for 5 minutes or until oil reaches 350 degrees.
- Cut tortilla shells in half and then half again so you have 4 equal triangles per tortilla.
- Once oil is hot place 8-10 triangles in at a time and fry for 2-3 minutes or until tortillas begin to turn golden brown.
- Using a skimmer or fry basket remove chips and place on a baking sheet covered in paper towels, salt.
- Repeat until all tortillas are cooked.
- Pacific Foods Salsa Con Queso
- 1/2 cub shredded or cubed White Cheese
- 1 Jalepeno Diced
- 1/2 Red Pepper Diced.
- 2 Diced Radishes
- 2 Green Onions Diced
- Cilantro For Garnish
- In a small pot over medium high heat add the Pacific Foods Salsa Con Queso, white cheese, red pepper, and jalepeno. Mix until warm and fully melted.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl and garnish with radishes, green onions and cilantro. Serve warm with our homemade tortilla chips.