What will I be making to watch the big game today? Well that’s a no-brainer: classic chicken wings. And this was what got me to finally got me to pull out and use my air fryer. And Loves, I. Am. OBSESSED.
To get all sciencey on you, the air fryer “uses patented heat circulation technology to fry your favorite foods to crispy, golden brown perfection – using little or no oil.” Can you believe it? Because I almost couldn’t either…I mean no oil! Since our household is committed to watching our daily calorie intake with hopes of not giving up the food we really love, it was a serious “ahhhh!” moment when we discovered the power of the air fryer.
Whenever I’m making classic chicken wings, I simply season them with my favorite mixed bag of algean sea salt spices and pepper. Because everyone has a personal preference on how they like their wings (hot, sweet, sweet and spicy, plain, etc.), I like to serve the seasoned wings along with various dipping sauces. This way everyone can enjoy wings their way!
I definitely won’t be stopping with just wings, either. I’m thinking onion rings, potato chips, tortilla chips, fish, chicken…and doughnuts!!! I’ve gone ahead and ordered The Air Fryer cookbook to help me with a few more ideas, which I’ll hopefully be sharing with you all once they’re taste tested and approved. Has anyone else gone crazy over their air fryer at home? Truly, MKR
- Chicken wings (I prefer organic or free range)
- Sea salt (I love to use a sea salt mixture that has additional herbs for deeper flavor)
- Dipping sauces (buffalo, ranch, blue cheese, bbq, etc.)
- Pre heat your air fryer to 360 degrees and spray the basket with a non stick coating
- In a large mixing bowl add the wings and generously coat with salt and pepper, mix with hands
- Add 8-9 wings into the basket and set the timer for 16-18 minutes, shaking the basket 2-3 times during cook time. Repeat until all wings have been cooked.
- Set out with preferred dipping sauces and enjoy.