Chair wrap || Velvet ribbon || Sugar Paper tags || Rosemary
Ban.do pom || Nutcracker tags || Sugar Paper wrap || Ribbon || Ban.do pom
Sugar Paper tags || Ban.do smooch bobbi || Sugar Paper wrap || Ribbon
Joyeux Noel soap || Rifle Paper Co. wrap || Merry Christmas ribbon
Ban.do pouf || Kate Spade wrap || Twine || Sugar Paper tags
Faux pinecones || Nutcracker wrap || Velvet ribbon || Faux berries
When Sweet Lemon asked me to contribute whatever my little heart desired to their Winter issue obviously I chose gift wrap. Duh. I mean, it’s the Holidays. I’m obsessed with paper and pretty packaging. And it was just one more chance for me to get my practice in before the annual Kellogg showdown. You see my father thinks he’s a far superior wrapper to yours truly (hardly), so every year when presents are placed under the tree there’s always a debate as to whose are more eye appealing. Hence the Holiday showdown.
Anyway, you can read about all of my essentials and wrap preferences in the latest issue and below I give you a peak into my chosen patterns and trimmings for this season. And just because it’s the 3rd day of our 12 days of Christmas in The Shop (sign up for emails people!!) I’m offering 25% off ALL holiday cards, wrap, tags, ribbons, and basically everything you need to perfect your presents. Today only (Wednesday the 11th), use code DAY3. Happy wrapping Loves! truly, MKR
All photos via the crazy talented Jamie Hopper Photography
1. The monogrammed union tote. My go-to everyday, have it in every color, last seen here tote. Oh and guess what, it’s still shipping in plenty of time for Christmas!
2. Minnie & Emma holiday iphone case. I was the lucky recipient of THIS one and I’m seriously dying. Love all of the holiday inspired cases and yes I’ll be using it well past the holiday.
3. Mark & Graham monogrammed cocktail napkins. The perfect hostess, bridal, everything gift.
4. Monogrammed initial bracelet. A must wear everyday for moi.
5. Petite plates. A best seller in the Shop for quite some time now.
6. Gorjana Griffin initial stud earrings. The most precious little earrings ever.
7. Shake, shake, shake…a monogrammed gift perfect for the gent in your life.
8. Lulu Frost code ring. I’ve been coveting these stackables for quite some time now. Still on my list. Still. Sigh.
9. Minnie & Emma’s blackboard notecube. Because every desk needs a little something something.
10. Iomoi The Ivy eye mask. Yes, yes, and yes…stocking stuffer please?
A few weeks ago my friends over at HP embarked on their Joy Caravan. A 8 city tour across the states to spread joy, and technology, this Holiday season. And lucky me they happened to stop in the A. So on a rainy, and unseasonably hot day, I headed down to Centennial Park to check out all the new gadgets and spread some joy of my own.
HP isn’t playing this season. Between the tablets, home systems, audio, and of course the Chrome Book there’s literally something for everyone on your list. Personally I’m obsessed with the Google Chrome Book. It’s perfect for my crazy, travel filled life. With it’s ability to be online all of the time and ease of use I just throw it in my bag and go. And because I was so in love HP gave me a Chrome Book ($299 value) to gift one of you this Holiday season! So…you get a Chrome Book, you get a Chrome Book, you get a Chrome Book. Okay well really only one lucky reader will get a Chrome Book but shouldn’t everyone feel like Oprah even for only a brief moment? Legal mumbo jumbo below and Happy Monday Loves! truly, MKR
P.S. Congrats to the winner, Taunya, of our VIETRI giveaway!
The legal mumbo jumbo...this giveaway is open to US residents and will run through Sunday the 15th with our winner announced Monday the 16th. We’ll be running this all through Rafflecopter (below) which allows you to earn points for each item completed with a simple click of the button. The more points you earn the more likely you are to win (and remember you probably already have entry points if you’re a regular reader of the blog). This post and giveaway is sponsored by HP, but my thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I’m wrapping up my Christmas Day brunch with one big savory bow and my Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche. Or maybe it’s a tart? Whatever you call it doesn’t matter, just know it’s beyond delicious and honestly uber easy to make. And don’t forget only a few more days to enter our VIETRI holiday giveaway (below)! Happy Friday Loves! truly, MKR
What you’ll need…
6 large eggs (3 whole, 3 egg whites)
1 pre made pie crust (or homemade…whatever floats your boat really)
2 large bunches of fresh spinach (if you must you can use 1 package of frozen, but it’s not quite the same)
3 cloves of fresh garlic minced
1/2 onion finely chopped
2 cups of shredded cheese (mozzarella/cheddar mixed)
1 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1 cup milk (or rice milk if you’re not doing dairy)
salt/pepper to taste
1 tsp. olive oil
What to do…
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place crust in a tart or shallow pie dish, fork bottom and place pie beads on crust so it doesn’t bubble. Bake crust for 20-30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a sautee pan add 1 tsp of olive oil, onions and garlic. Sautee for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Begin to add spinach and cook until it just begins to soften and. 2-3 minutes. You want the spinach to be softened but not wilted by the heat.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk and goat cheese. Stir in spinach, onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper, stir together.
- Add entire mixture to your tart pan and cook for 45-50 minutes or until the top starts to just brown. If crust begins to burn cover with pie covers or tin foil.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Besides the gorgeous VIETRI place settings that adorned my Christmas Day brunch table, the other star of the show was the hanging wreath chandelier. I had seen wreath chandeliers for years now and had been dying to have one of my own. What I didn’t realize, and was pleasantly surprised to find out, was just how easy it was to make rather than buy. So Loves, I’m sharing this easy DIY with you all today. And if you take on this project I’d love to see so make sure you tag me in any of your Instagram pics! truly, MKR
P.S. Don’t forget to enter our VIETRI giveaway!
What you’ll need…
- 2 Wreaths (I used fake wreaths and added natural trimmings to give it a more real and full look)
- Wire (preferably green)
- Rustic rope
- Trimmings such as pine cones, berries, holly leaves, and branches
What to do…
- Set one wreath on top of the other and tie together using your wire.
- Secure 4 pieces of rope evenly to the top wreath and bring those pieces together and knot. Make sure you leave plenty of rope to hang the wreath from the ceiling.
- Once hung, simply add desired trimmings to give the wreath a more full feel.
Photographs via Rustic White Photography
1. Someday when I have my dream home with my dream closet, and my dream gift wrapping room, and my dream wine cellar, there will also be my dream stove. The La Cornue stove. The end all be all of stoves. And it’s also moments like this when I realize how old I’m getting because I’m dreaming of stoves.
2. A trip to Blackberry Farm. This has been on my wish list for years. YEARS I tell you! One day it will happen. One day I will go to that farm and marvel in it’s beauty, eat all their food, and yes drink all of their wine.
3. Roots. An amazing new cookbook for the veggie minded like myself.
4. Stoneware brie baker. I challenge you to find a more perfect gift for the host, hostess or anyone who loves to cook. And it also comes in white.
5. Rifle Paper Company polka dot tin recipe box. Though I love my technology some things are best written.
6. Ice Milk Apron. Because one can never look too good…even when cooking.
7. Silpat Mats. Probably my number 1 cooking MUST. I have 6 of these, and honestly I can always use more. They are hands down, the absolute best no stick mat on the market.
8. Williams Sonoma Tagine. I have been wanting to try this North African cooking method for quite some time now, and these hand painted tagine’s make it even more enticing.
9. French Press. This cup of coffee is worth the wait.
10. Cook’s One Line A Day Memory Book. The perfect stocking stuffer for the food obsessed.
One of my absolute favorite holiday traditions is my family’s Christmas Day brunch. Right after the presents have been opened, but before we settle in for the inevitable mid day nap we gather together, pajamas still on, and brunch. And this year will be extra special because I’ve had a little help from VIETRI. For over 30 years VIETRI has been bringing handcrafted tableware and decor straight from Italy and in to our homes. And this year I fell in major love with their Rosso Vecchio Dot collection.
The Rosso red is the perfect red, which means it can translate well past the Christmas season (think Fourth of July and summer BBQ’s), and pairs perfectly with their classic Bellezza Holiday accent plates and reindeer bowls. I completed the table with VIETRI’s classic pewter flatware, my favorite linens from the Shop, and more food than any one family can eat and voila. The table couldn’t get any more festive.
And because we want to help make your holiday table just as merry we’re giving away 6 of VIETRI’s Santa canape plates (pictured above with Williams Sonoma’s chocolate peppermint bark croissants). Later this week I’ll also be sharing how I made the fabby wreath chandelier and the recipe for my goat cheese and spinach quiche. Now that’s how I like to kick December off. Merry merry Loves. truly, MKR
P.S. Big, big congrats to Ellie the winner of our Studio Ten 25 giveaway.
Concept & Styling…Mandy Kellogg Rye, Waiting On Martha
This post was sponsored by VIETRI, however my opinion and love of VIETRI brand is 100% my own.
The legal mumbo jumbo...this giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents and will run through Sunday the 8th with our winner announced Monday the 9th. We’ll be running this all through Rafflecopter (below) which allows you to earn points for each item completed with a simple click of the button. The more points you earn the more likely you are to win (and remember you probably already have entry points if you’re a regular reader of the blog).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Obviously I love Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but my heart truly belongs to today…small business Saturday. Though it’s hard to compete with the chains and malls of America I know many small businesses are offering fabby holiday deals. For example a little small business that is near and dear to my heart is offering free shipping and a free gift with purchase on all orders of $75 and more (use code MERRYMERRY).
I’ve also created a list below of my favorite small businesses to shop so I hope you’ll join me, and millions of others and support small business in your community and online not just today, but everyday. And please share in the comments section below where you shop small and I’ll continue to add to the list! Happy Saturday Loves! truly, MKR
Small Business Saturday….Waiting On Martha (duh) || Shop Ten 25 || Pieces || Society Social || Made By Girl || Emily Ley || Blair Ritchey || Jayson Home & Garden || Ice Milk Aprons || Meg Biram || Ashley Brooke Designs || Maison Gray || Gold & Gray || Carde Blanche || Rumson Gifts || Feathered || Design Darling || Lemon Stripes
Oh black Friday, you allow me to Shop from the comfort of my couch and for that I love you. Happy shopping Loves! truly, MKR
P.S. Have you entered our ShopTen25 giveaway yet?
1. Joie bow sweater…up to 30% off || 2. Madewell glasses…25% off with code FEAST25 || 3. J.Crew fair isle leggings…30% off with code HOLIDAY || 4. J.Crew cashmere socks…30% off with code HOLIDAY || 5. Joie shoes…up to 30% off || 6. Dior book set…up to 25% off || 7. Serena & Lily pouf…20% off + free shipping || 8. Tory Burch clutch…up to 30% off with code HOLIDAY || 9. Otte NY cashmere skull gloves…20% off everything || 10. Shopbop gold fortune cookie…up to 25% off! || 11. Anything and everything from Waiting On Martha…Free shipping and a Free gift with purchase on all orders over $75, use code MERRYMERRY!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wishing you a day full of family, friends and food. Happy Thanksgiving Loves! truly, MKR
Photo via Rustic White Photography